Packrafting Basic Skill & Rescue Training
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Mavora Lakes, Southland
- Product code : rescue
Basic Packrafting Course at Mavora Lakes :
This Course is designed for packrafting newbies with limited knowledge about river / moving water and limited knowledge about packrafting as a sport . We will teach you the basics you'll need to know to get a safe and enjoyable start into the world of packrafting.
- adequate fitness level
- Swimming ability
- The desire to learn something new
- sense of adventure
Course start : Sat 8:30am unless we will tell you anything else. Please be there at 8:00am !
Course Finish : Sunday about 16:30pm
Location : Mavora Lakes - between the two lakes ( you'll see our Van )
We will be camping out from Sat to Sun so you need to bring your camping gear and food - camping fees are NOT included in the price so please look after that when coming onto the campgrounds. You don't have to stay at the campgrounds overnight but we might do some fun stuff in evening.Fees
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay cash on arrival at the self-registration stand at the campsite.We will be emailing everyone couple days before the course so you guys can organise car sharing if needed.
If you have any question please feel free and email us.
If you don't have your own packrafting gear we can hire you all the kit you need for the course for a reduced fee of Nz$150 however it is highly recommended you bring your own kit if you can.
Course overview :
- Our Philosophy
- Introduction to Packrafts
- Packraft Basics
- Personal Protective Gear
- River Communication / General Communication
- Swimming basics
- Paddling Fundamentals
- Rescue & Self Rescue fundamentals
- Whitewater Fundamentals
- Review Knots
- Basic anchors
- Swimming in dynamic river environment
- paddling in dynamic river environment
- Practise Self & Buddy Rescue
- River Crossing
- Rescue Scenarios