Raft & Ramble - Te Anau ( Fiordland )
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Te Anau, 9600
- Product code: Raft&Ramble
Adventure, that's all I Want..
Our Waiau full day trip will give you the chance to "get to grips" with the innovative packrafts and see their full potential in some of New Zealand's most stunning scenery, Fiordland National Park. We will take you down the beautiful Waiau river near Te Anau practising some Packrafting & river skills. Get up close and personal with nature and experience the excitement and one-of-a-kind thrills of Packrafting.
"THIS TRIP INCLUDES HIKING&PADDLING IN FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK - NEW ZEALAND"
After stopping for a well deserved (and delicious) lunch somewhere on the river, we continue downstream (one word) until we reach Lake Manapouri, where we'll take time to enjoy the beautiful beaches, stunning views of the Kepler Mountains, and soak in the surroundings before packing up. Finish the day with a walk along the world famous Kepler track (one of New Zealand's "Great Walks") as it wends it's way along the edge of Fiordland National Park, one of the great wilderness areas of the southern hemisphere.
All year from Te Anau
68 Town Centre ( Wild rides ) at 8:30 am
Approx 8 Hours
Min Age :
14 years and older
Fitness requirements :
Average fitness & swimming ability required
- The walk is about 7km with 8kg backpack on easy terrain ( Kepler Track )
- The paddle section is a good mix of floating and class 2 rapid excitement of about 20km
What to bring :
- Sturdy footwear ( running shoes are fine - will get wet )
- Extra dry shoes and socks ( for after trip )
- Weather appropriate walking / hiking clothing
- Hat ( optional )
- Change of clothing if rainy day
- Waterproof camera
- Drink bottle
- Dry bags
- Specialist gear
- Pick up in Te Anau