Combo for River Rats - ( Fiordland )
- Duration : 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Te Anau, Southland
- Product code : RiverRats
This trip is best suited for people with a little bit of paddling experience and a sense of adventure
The River Rats combo will focus on mastering the innovative Packrafts in some of New Zealand's most stunning scenery the Waiau River & Eglinton River. In the morning we will focus on practising Packrafting and river skills in preparation for the fantastic ride on the crystal clear Eglinton River and through the Eglinton Canyon. You will paddle 2 awesome rivers in one day & learn some new skills.
"THIS TRIP INCLUDES PADDLING IN THE PICTURESQUE AREAS OF FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK"
We will spend the morning on the Waiau River learning all the skills you need to safely paddle the more challenging Eglinton River in the afternoon. Navigating eddies and hunting some rapids we will make our way down the river to Rainbow Reach for a well deserved break. After a delicious lunch we will make our way up one of the most beautiful drives in New Zealand, if not in the world the "Milford Road" to our afternoon start location for the Eglinton River. Getting our boats and gear ready for the second time feels a lot easier and we can focus a little more on our spectacular surroundings.
The paddle down the Eglinton River and through the beautiful canyon is something you will remember for a long time, so have your camera and GoPro ready.
All year from Te Anau
68 Town centre at Wild Rides at 8:30am
Approx 10 Hours
Min Age :
16 years and older
Average fitness & swimming ability required
- The walk is about 1500m to and from river to vehicle
- The paddle is about 12 km on Waiau river in the morning & about 10 km on the Eglington afternoon
- Basic paddling skills are a must as afternoon may require more boat handling and manoeuvring
What to bring :
- Sturdy footwear ( running shoes are fine - will get wet )
- Extra dry shoes and socks ( for after trip )
- Weather appropriate walking / hiking clothing
- Hat ( optional )
- Change of clothing if rainy day
- Waterproof camera
- Drink bottle
- Dry bags
- Specialist gear
- Pick up in Te Anau